"In Memory of" or "in Tribute to" Donation
Our agency offers two ways to commemorate special occasions or send messages of sympathy.
- We graciously accept direct donations through our web site (see the "Donate Now" button to the right) or by check payable to Meals on Wheels. Please note that there is a minimum donation of $10 per transaction for the Tribute Program. Meals on Wheels will notify whomever you designate. If sending in a check, please list the name and address of the individual or family would like us to acknowledge as well as whether the donation is in memory or in honor. The amount of the donation will not appear on any correspondence mailed.
- Memorial or and tribute cards that you may mail yourself are also available. For a minimum donation of $10.00 per card or a set of 6 cards for $50 are available for purchase. The cards may be picked up at our main office at 121 West Nyack Road, Nanuet during business hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Send an E-Card to anyone with an email address for a donation of $7.50 per card and at the same
time you will be providing a nutritious meal for a homebound Rockland older adult. Please click on the button below
for more information.
In Lieu Of...
More and more in today's society, individuals are searching for ways to reduce their ecological "footprint" on society. As a result most of us are doing our best to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Hence, the idea for "In Lieu Of" donations was born. Some examples of how we can minimize our footprint while still being philanthropic include:
- In Lieu of flowers you may want to offer support to thosesuffering a loss through a charitable contribution or asking others to do the same when the time arises in our own families.
- In Lieu of party favors at a bridal shower, weddingor other celebratory event make a contribution in your guests honor and we can inform your guests that you did so!
- In Lieu of gifts at a birthday party, consider asking guests to make a charitable contribution instead. Often this is done as we celebrate milestone birthdays in mid-life and beyond, but lately even kids and teens have been getting in on the act!
- If you are interested in one of these ideas or perhaps you have your own idea, please feel free to call us (ask for the Development Department at 845-624-6325 or email us and we can provide assistance, our logo and support.
Whatever you choose, Meals on Wheels will be sure to recognize your generosity with a listing on our web site and in our newsletter and all donors' contributions with a written thank you letter on agency letterhead.