Wags For Wheels
First Annual Wags for Wheels Dog Walk
Wags for Wheels is a dog and family walk to benefit the programs and services of Meals on Wheels and to establish
the Mutts 'n Meows Pet Food Pantry for seniors who cannot afford to feed their pets.
How You Can Help
- Sign up as a walk participant. You are welcome to participate whether you will be walking with your dog or not.
If you are unable to join us at the walk please consider making a donation anyway. Please note: all participants must
read and agree to the rules of the event and sign an event waiver.
- Ask your friends, relatives, colleagues, acquaintances to support you by pledging to donate whatever amount they
feel comfortable with to recognize your efforts and help Meals on Wheels seniors. Set up a personal donation goal
and track your pledges.
- Place an ad in the event journal.
- Recognize your family pet or remember a beloved pet with a listing in the journal.
- Meals on Wheels is a 501(c)(3) and, as such, registration fees and ads placed in the journal are
Click on the button below to register for the event.
Online Registration Powered by Active.com
Click on the button below to print out the brochure which includes the event waiver which all participants must sign.
Rules for Participation
- All dogs must wear current rabies tags or have proof of vaccination.
- An adult (over 18) must be in control of their dog at all times.
- Dogs must be on a 6 foot or shorter leash at all times.
- Each dog walker may only walk one dog.
- For safety reasons, no animals other than dogs may participate in the event.
- Only bring a dog if he or she will enjoy being around other people and dogs.
- Walk the course only if you and your dog are in adequate physical condition.
- All walkers are welcome, with or without dogs.
- Any unruly or aggressive dogs will be asked to leave.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed to participate.
- Clean up after your dog.
- No tobacco or alcohol products are allowed at the event.
- All participants must read and agree to the event waiver.
Programs funded in part by the Administration on Aging, New York State Office for the Aging,
Rockland County Office for the Aging, donations, grants and fees. A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained, upon
request, from Meals on Wheels Programs & Services of Rockland or from the NY State Attorney General's Charities
Bureau, Attention: FOIL Officer, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.