Students Assisting Meals
If you are a high school student interested in participating in community service, we have a great opportunity for you. Students Assisting Meals (SAM) consists of students who want to either participate in agency fund raising events (e.g. Golf Outing, 10K Run, Senior Wellness Expo & Walk) or run their own fund raisers (e.g. car wash, bake sales, etc.) to benefit Meals on Wheels.
Call Marissa Moscatello, the Volunteer Program Coordinator/Community Liaison today at (845) 624-6325 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a group started at your school or for more information.
Groups may already exist at your school! Contact Marissa today to see how you can get involved!
Volunteering with Meals on Wheels enables students to learn about the needs of seniors in our community, but also reaps personal benefits for students:
- Making a difference in someone's life
- Learning and developing skills
- Enhancing your college applications
- Building self-confidence
- Meeting new people
- Feeling needed and valued
- Communicating that you care about the community
- Making networking contacts
- Learn about Rockland's senior population
- Raise funds for local senior centers and homebound meal recipients