Meal Delivery Service to Homebound Rockland County Resident
Homebound meals is a meal delivery service to any Rockland County resident who is a shut-in due to illness, physical handicap or advanced age and who cannot shop or cook for themselves.
- Meals are prepared and packaged in a central commissary
- Meals meet 1/3 of the Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI) requirements
- Menus are professionally designed by a Registered Dietician who is licensed by the American Dietetic Association.
- Talented chefs along with a dedicated dietary staff prepare high quality, delicious and attractive meals which are moderate in sodium, sugar and cholesterol.
- A hot lunch and cold dinner are delivered to the client's home between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm each weekday, 52 weeks per year including holidays
- Therapeutic and mechanically altered diets are accommodated.
- Weekend meal service and a lunch only program are also available.
- Trained volunteers bring a personal daily connection which provides a caring communication link to the community.
- Programs are available with five or seven day a week options.
- There are different fees for lunch only and Kosher meal programs.
- The Covered Cupboard Program provides shelf-stable food for use during extremely inclement weather when our volunteers are unable to safely deliver meals. This shelf stable food is delivered throughout the winter in advance of inclement weather to assure that every homebound person has food in their home for this kind of emergency.
- No one will be denied access to meal service because of his/her inability to contribute towards the cost of meals. However, there may be a waiting list for state and federal programs.
For more information about home delivered services please call (845) 624-6325.